Liposuction Plastic Surgeon NYC
THE NYC PLASTIC SURGEON OFFERS FREE LIPOSUCTION PLASTIC SURGERY CONSULTATIONS AT HIS NYC OFFICE
NYC Liposuction Plastic Surgeon, Adam Schaffner MD, FACS specializes in all forms of liposuction plastic surgery. The NYC Liposuction plastic surgeon is able to perform Liposuction under local anesthesia or general anesthesia – this will depend on your particular case and you can discuss this with the Plastic Surgeon during your complimentary liposuction consultation. Liposuction is an outpatient procedure and is performed in the surgeon’s fully accredited surgical facility on Park Avenue South in Manhattan, New York City.
Liposuction plastic surgery is performed through tiny incisions using the smallest instruments possible that leave tiny if scars (if any). All fat on your body – from neck to ankles – can be easily and safely removed and re-sculpted / re-positioned with Liposuction surgery.
Recovery from Liposuction plastic surgery is rather fast and most of the NYC Liposuction Plastic Surgery patients return to their daily routine within 24-48 hours, and return to light exercise in approximately one week. Please note that daily routine does not include strenuous physical activity and that a Liposuction compression garment will be most likely required worn for the first few weeks to obtain the optimal result.
Liposuction plastic surgery entails the removal of fat through tiny incisions in the skin, most of which are placed in well concealed locations by the NYC Liposuction Plastic Surgeon, using long narrow tubes called cannulas that are attached to a powerful suction machine. Liposuction plastic surgery is intended for body contouring / body sculpting and not as a solution or treatment of obesity.
- Is liposuction surgery painful? After Liposuction Surgery, most of NYC Liposuction patients report that it feels like they are sore after a hard work-out at the gym. Pain medications are prescribed for you by Dr. Schaffner and are suggested to take as needed for a few days.
- Can the fat come back after liposuction plastic surgery? After liposuction plastic surgery, fat cells which were removed are gone forever. However, this does not mean you cannot gain weight. Since the total number of fat cells in the body remains fairly constant any significant weight gain could result in enlargement of the remaining fat cells in the body.
- Does liposuction plastic surgery also remove my cellulite? Cellulite results from a skin structural problem resulting from fat. Liposuction surgery removes some of this fat but it is difficult to eliminate cellulite with liposuction alone. Therefore, the NYC Liposuction Plastic Surgeon, Adam Schaffner, MD, FACS offers VASER Shape nonsurgical cellulite removal if cellulite is your problem. After the first session of VASER Shape, cellulite is noticeably less prominent. Depending on your specific cellulite case – the number of VASER Shape treatments will vary.
- Can the fat that is removed from performing Liposuction be used to enhance other body areas? Yes, the plastic surgeon can repurpose your fat. Facial folds (nabiolabial folds), scars and dimples can be corrected using your own fat as opposed to a medical facial filler. The most popular repurposing of fat procedure is the Brazilian Butt Lift – this plastic surgery procedure uses your own fat to augment your buttocks for a fuller rounded, shapelier behind.
- What should I expect after the Liposuction plastic surgery? There is minimal pain or discomfort after the procedure. Drainage from incision sites can possibly continue for a few days. These sites heal with minimal scarring and are usually hidden in natural folds or other areas. Mild swelling may occur (depending on your case) for up to 2-3 months after which one can expect to see the final sculptured result.
- What is the recovery period after liposuction surgery? Recovery time depends on the patient and on how many areas you had liposuction surgery performed on. Typically, for the first few days following the surgery the patients will be prescribed mild pain medicine. During the initially recovery, patients generally stay at home or in a nearby hotel. They wear liposuction compression garment. They change the gauze over the incision sites as needed. They may walk around as desired. Patients cannot drive a car or operate machinery during this time. Near the one-week mark, patients may start light exercise. During the second week, weights or exercise machines can be added to the workout regimen. After three weeks, running and aerobic exercises may start to be performed. To obtain the best possible results, NYC Liposuction Plastic Surgeon Dr. Adam Schaffner recommends that a compression bandage is to be worn constantly (except when showering or going to the bathroom) for the first few weeks after surgery.
If you have any questions about Liposuction Plastic Surgery or would like a complimentary Liposuction plastic surgery consultation with the NYC Liposuction Plastic Surgeon please feel free to contact Adam Schaffner MD, FACS for a free consultation.