Tummy Tuck Plastic Surgeon NYC
THE NYC PLASTIC SURGEON OFFERS FREE TUMMY TUCK PLASTIC SURGERY CONSULTATIONS AT HIS NYC OFFICE
NYC Tummy Tuck Plastic Surgeon plastic surgeon Adam Schaffner, MD, FACS offers Tummy Tuck plastic surgery to his NYC patients and out of town patients at his fully accredited plastic surgery outpatient surgery facility on Park Avenue South in Midtown Manhattan – 461 Park Avenue South, Suite 7A, New York, New York 10016. This means that your Tummy Tuck surgery will not have to be performed at a hospital but rather in the surgeon’s fully accredited surgical suite.
Tummy Tuck Plastic Surgery (“Abdominoplasty”) is performed by the Plastic Surgeon to remove excessive skin and fat from the middle and lower abdomen and to tighten underlying muscles in the abdomen. Tummy tuck surgery removes loose or wrinkled skin (and stretch marks ). Both women and men can benefit from this extremely effective and safe body contouring / body sculpting surgery.
Tummy Tuck Plastic Surgery addresses:
- Wrinkled or loose skin with or without stretch marks (stretch marks on the abdomen are usually the result of pregnancy, aging, or significant weight loss).
- Excessive fat, skin, soft tissue – which are usually more prominent in the lower abdomen.
- Rectus Muscle Diastasis: The muscles of the anterior abdominal have become separated. Exercise does not help in this situation (once the muscle relaxes, they separate and the tummy bulges out.) This needs to be repaired by sewing (suturing) the muscles together in the mid-line.
- Repairs belly button (umbilical) hernias. If a patient has large ventral, incisional and/or umbilical hernias.
Full Tummy Tuck Plastic Surgery: Otherwise known as an “Abdominoplasty,”this procedure performed by NYC Tummy Tuck plastic surgeon Adam Schaffner, MD, FACS surgically addresses skin, fat, and muscle. A full tummy tuck benefits those patients who want a flat stomach and skin as tight as possible. Results, especially when combined with liposuction of the flanks (if needed) are immediate and dramatic. The tummy tuck plastic surgery procedure can be performed by the NYC Plastic Surgeon under twilight anesthesia or general anesthesia – this will vary depending on each patient’s specific case.
Mini Tummy Tuck: or “partial abdominoplasty” is best suited for patients of mini-tummy tuck plastic surgeon Dr. Adam Schaffner who have a “pouch” just below the belly button and who do not have stretch marks or loose skin (usually due to weight gain or significant weight loss). The Mini Tummy Tuck plastic surgery procedure is less invasive than a full tummy tuck (“abdominoplsty”). While a full tummy tuck involves an incision around the belly button and at the top of the pubic hair line, a mini tummy tuck leaves the belly button intact and requires a much smaller incision.
The ideal candidate for Tummy Tuck Surgery or Mini Tummy Tuck Surgery should meet most of the following criteria:
- Is close to their ideal body weight
- Wants to remove specific areas of loose skin or fat
- Weight has been stable for at least 6 months or more
- Has good skin tone and elasticity
- Understands the risks of abdominoplasty surgery and scarring
If you have any questions about Tummy Tuck Plastic Surgery or would like a complimentary Tummy Tuck plastic surgery consultation with the NYC Plastic Surgeon please feel free to contact Adam Schaffner MD, FACS.