THE NYC PLASTIC SURGEON OFFERS EXPERT RHINOPLASTY (“NOSE JOB”) PLASTIC SURGERY CONSULTATIONS
NYC Rhinoplasty Plastic Surgeon Adam Schaffner, MD, FACS specializes in Rhinoplasty (nose job surgery). Dr. Schaffner is a board certified, fellowship-trained facial plastic surgeon as well as a head and neck surgeon. This provides him with the ability to address problems inside and outside of the nose. The NYC Rhinoplasty Plastic Surgeon is highly credentialized and experience to perform this gratifying plastic surgery procedure.
Due to NYC Rhinoplasty Surgeon Dr. Adam Schaffner’s credentials, he is highly skilled in performing Rhinoplasty surgery to restore or improve the function and aesthetic appearance of the nose. Dr. Schaffner is known for obtaining results that appear natural and aesthetically appealing. The Plastic Surgeon offers two techniques for Rhinoplasty procedures: “Open Rhinoplasty” and “Closed Rhinoplasty”.
I’m very happy with the results and the medical care. Dr. Schaffner is amazing His team highly professional. He deserves to be rated best plastic surgeon in NYC. ~ Google
Typically, Rhinoplasty surgery lasts approximately two hours and is performed under general anesthesia.
Revision rhinoplasty make take longer, depending on the amount of work that needs to be performed.
Please Note: Your Rhinoplasty procedure may be covered by insurance and during your complimentary consultation with the Plastic Surgeon his office manager will help you discover if you are qualified.
In general, one wants to wait a person’s facial skeleton has developed enough before undergoing a rhinoplasty.
- Open Rhinoplasty Surgery: With this surgical technique, NYC Rhinoplasty plastic surgeon Dr. Adam Schaffner makes an incision in the columella, the vertical strip of skin separating the nostrils. The skin and tissue are then lifted from the underlying structure so anatomy (cartilage, bone and soft tissue) of the nasal area is exposed and can be worked on. This technique is performed for major reshaping of the nose.
- Closed Rhinoplasty Surgery: The skin of the nose is separated from the underlying bone and cartilage after all incisions are made inside the nose. This technique, performed by NYC rhinoplasty surgeon Dr. Adam Schaffner, leaves no visible scars. With this technique, the cartilage and bone can then be removed, reshaped, or rearranged, depending on the procedure you are undergoing.
The various types of Rhinoplasty procedures offered by Dr. Adam Schaffner performs include:
- Aesthetic Rhinoplasty: Reshaping of the nose for cosmetic / appearance purposes. Care is taken to make the nose look proportionate and natural. Dr. Schaffner operates on people of all ethnic and racial backgrounds, in many cases adjusting his technique to ensure that the rhinoplasty is performed to maintain or change a look consistent with the patient’s wishes.
- Revisional Rhinoplasty: Modifying a previous Rhinoplasty procedure for cosmetic and/or functional purposes because the patient is not pleased with the outcome of the previous procedure(s)
- Reconstructive Rhinoplasty: Reconstruction and reshaping the nose for functional reasons (such as breathing better due to a deviated nasal septum and/or enlarged turbinates)
You may be a good candidate for Rhinoplasty Surgery if you wish to correct:
- A nose that is either too large or too small
- A nose where the bridge is too wide
- A nose that is asymmetrical due to birth or injury
- A nose with an oddly shaped tip
- A nose with a crooked
- A nose with a hump
- An obstructed (blocked) nasal airway which is causing problems with breathing through the nose
If you have any questions about Rhinoplasty (“Nose Job”) Plastic Surgery or would like to schedule a Rhinoplasty consultation with the NYC Plastic Surgeon; please feel free to contact Adam Schaffner MD, FACS today.